If you are renting, the structural damage due to fire, water damage or extreme weather will be covered by the insurance carried by the owner of the building. Â The contents of your apartment, condo, duplex or rented house are not going to be protected by the owner’s insurance.
Renterâs insurance will cover the cost of replacing your possessions as well as expenses incurred if you are displaced by a loss.Â OâConnor Insurance can work with you to choose the appropriate features of your renterâs insurance to suit your needs and budget.
- Fire – Often smoke damage and water damage is far greater than the actual fire, especially to your belongings like furniture and decor.
- Flood – Not only does water destroy, mold and mildew can make your home unlivable after the flood.
- Lightning – A lightning strike could do a great deal of damage to your homeâs electrical system and all the electronic devices – from household appliances to computers and entertainments systems.
- Weather – Your personal property on the deck or patio where you rent can be destroyed during a weather-related event.
- Crime – Theft, vandalism and other malicious acts can cost the homeowner a great deal.
- Accidents – Renters can suffer substantial losses as vehicles have crashed into their building. Â These and other accidents are not unheard of.
- Civil Liability – Renterâs coverage can provide protection against lawsuits prompted by events on your rented property and can include legal expenses.
A well-written policy takes into account the value of your personal possessions and your budget to provide the kind of protection that will lend peace of mind to you and your family.
Contact OâConnor Insurance to review your existing coverage. Â We want to make sure you, your family, your property and your future are secure.