O’Connor Insurance was an early participant in the Green Power Community Challenge. Each month we post our carbon offset results from our solar energy array on our headquarters in Creve Coeur.
We are proud to be doing our part to make Creve Coeur one of the leading communities nationwide in deriving our power from renewable resources.
This month, our carbon offset is 1.15 tons. We have offset the equivalent of 30 trees.
Thanks to our solar vendor, Microgrid Solar, for the photo.
April Energy Tip – Save Fuel (From the Department of Energy’s Website)
Here are a few helpful reminders for saving energy in your car.
- Plan your errands so you don’t waste gasoline driving back and forth.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Do not let the vehicle idle for long periods.
- Accelerate slowly from a stop; do not speed.
- Do not drive with your windows down. To minimize drag, keep your windows closed within one inch of the top.
- Don’t use your car as storage-keep it as light as possible.
- Keep your engine properly tuned.
- Change the oil at least twice a year.
- Use an oil change box for used oil.
- Better yet, don’t use the car-walk, bicycle, or use public transportation.